AMNESTY TO STUDENTS AFFECTED IN THE 2015/2016 ACADEMIC SESSION AND REOPENING OF STUDENTS’ PORTAL FOR PAYMENTS OF SCHOOL CHARGES
Following the recent recommendations of the Committee of Staff and Students’ Grievances, regarding the need for the University to grant amnesty to Students affected by the “no payment of school charges,no examination” policy of the Senate 2015/2016 academic session, the Acting Vice Chancellor, Professor Stephen A. Okodudu, has on behalf of the University Senate granted amnesty to the different categories of Students. They are as follows:
- Those who obeyed Senate’s directive and repeated the 2015/2016 session in 2018/2019 session, but failed Courses they had previously passed;
- Those who did not obey the Senate’s directive to repeat the 2015/2016 session in 2018/2019 session and their results was released and certificates issued;
- Those who did not obey the Senate’s directive to repeat 2015/2016 session and their results were withheld;
- Those who had issues of late payment of school charges after closure of school Portal as at 2018/2019 session;
- Those who for one reason or the other failed to apply for Temporary Withdrawal from studies and needed an extra year to graduate as at 2018/2019 session; and
- In view of closing of school owing to COVID-19 pandemic, students who may wish to make submissions that are applicable to any of the categories (S/No. 1-5) could be considered for amnesty.
In the light of the above, the affected Student s are to contact their Heads of Department for guidance. In addition, Students are hereby informed that the payment portal has been re-opened for those yet to pay their charges.
Please the above are for your information and necessary action.